Carbonation is very rare, very slow, and coarse. Aroma very subtly of caramel. Taste of sweet caramel with a slight hoppy bitterness. Taste of sweet cherry with hints of coffee. Light to medium body. Smooth with a quite sweet cherry-like liqueur on a lingering finish.
- Black with a thin tan head.
- The aroma of chocolate malt. The flavor is powdered chocolate malt, plum and dark berries, thin chocolate finish.
- Slightly bitter at first but soon became a well-rounded medium-bodied beer.
- Tastes like it was bottle conditioned.
- A good example of this style and worth trying
- Light body with a thin mouthfeel and a coffee-like bitterness on a lingering finish.